- n an embarrassing mistake
- v commit a faux pas or a fault or make a serious mistake
I blundered during the job interview
- v make one's way clumsily or blindly
- v utter impulsively
He blundered his stupid ideas
- Biggest blunder: Overreached in the Korean War .
- In February Dayton, 59, made another notable blunder.
- Last week the War Department, in trying to rectify a political blunder, broke a precedent as old as the Army.
News & Articles
- Patton Oswalt on His "Drunk at a Bus Stop" Speech Following His Parks and Recreation Win
A humble Patton Oswalt swooped up the honor for best guest performer in a comedy series last night at the Critics' Choice Television Awards for his role on Parks and Recreation - and promptly forgot to thank his wife during his acceptance speech. The comedian and actor joked with us about the blunder backstage and also talked about what it was like to join Amy Poehler and the rest of the comedy ...
June 11, 2013 - PopSugar
- Bill Gates buys into British security firm G4S
LONDON (Reuters) - Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates has increased his stake in G4S , the world's biggest security firm, which is looking to bounce back from a blunder over its staffing of the London 2012 Olympics. The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation Trust and Cascade Investment, an asset management firm owned by Bill Gates - one of the world's richest people - increased their combined holding in ...
June 10, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Ref embarrassment in AHL Calder Cup: Missed goal leads to 22-minute period (Video)
The second period of Game 2 in the AHL Calder Cup Final was like a parfait of officiating incompetence, each layer revealing a bigger blunder. It began with a shot by J.T. Brown of the Syracuse Crunch, which appeared to … Continue reading ?
June 10, 2013 - Puck Daddy via Yahoo! Sports
- Barack Obama in The Cauldron (subscription)
On the war Sen. Obama said, "The fact was this was a big strategic blunder:Once we had driven the bus in the ditch there were only so many ways to get out."
- Chuck Hagel in CNN
Sen. Chuck Hagel of Nebraska described the move as "the most dangerous foreign policy blunder in this country since Vietnam, if it's carried out."