flub : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n an embarrassing mistake
- v make a mess of, destroy or ruin
- A veteran New York City news anchor flubs a line and an obscene catch phrase goes viral on the Internet.
- Sometimes you flub it and have to retype the letters, but otherwise you don't think about it much.
- Once worried that Yao would flub his NBA debut, local newspapers kept coverage of him to a minimum in the beginning of the season lest fans be disappointed; but now Chinese are .
- Drew Barrymore in DailyIndia.com
I know Lindsay, and I like her very much,Barrymore said. "You just have to try to be as graceful as you can. You know, you flub, you flub. And that's life......I think, do what you want, but just be professional."
- Tiger Wood in ESPN
I had a hard time making a decision what I was going to do,Woods said. "Am I going to throw it up in the air? No, I'll let it roll. No, I'll throw it up. No, I'll let it roll. Decided to go with the flub, instead."
- Emilio Estevez in MTV.com
We need to do something to inspire the young people to re-engage, and I think it's going to take somebody who is charismatic, who speaks from his heart and who is not afraid to, you know, flub,Estevez said. "There's nobody out there yet....