- n a flower that blooms in a particular way
a night bloomer
- n an embarrassing mistake
- A late bloomer invented the instant noodles that fueled the Asian Miracle.
- I was a late bloomer.
- Whether it be a purple-bloomer at-home costume or a short white cocktail dress, she slashes the neck well below the bustline and the back even lower, laces the precarious bodice .
News & Articles
- BH-BL sprinter Shomari Ingram to run at Queens College of Charlotte
BURNT HILLS — Burnt Hills-Ballston Lake sprinter Shomari Ingram is a late bloomer when it comes to his track career, but his fleet feet have landed him the opportunity to run at Division II Queens College of Charlotte.
June 17, 2013 - Community News
- Bloomer community helps family recover after fire
A Chippewa County community quickly came together to help a local family who lost their home to a devastating fire. More than a hundred people showed up in Bloomer Saturday to support a couple and their boy who lost all of their belongings in a blaze last weekend.
June 16, 2013 - WEAU Eau Claire
- Elevator Pitch: Ethan Kurzweil of Bessemer Ventures
For Father's Day, this week's edition of Elevator Pitch features Ethan Kurzweil of Bessemer Venture Partners. Kurzweil was just 28 when he broke into venture capital five years ago, and he's since led the venerable firm's investments in such high-profile startups as Playdom, Twitch.tv , Reputation.com and Piazza. His father, Ray, was also an early bloomer: As a high schooler in the 1960s, he was ...
June 16, 2013 - San Jose Mercury News
- Scott Verplank in Detroit Free Press
I can't force winning a major or anything else. But you know what, my mindset is maybe I'm a late bloomer,Verplank said. "I was a very early bloomer. I was probably top-10 player in the world when I was 21 years old when I won the Western...
- Ian Millar in CBC.ca
I remember back in the early '70s when I had a disastrous Grand Prix, my wife, Lynn, said to me, 'Don't worry, you're going to be a late bloomer.' That's what she said to me and I've always held that thought,said Millar. "And so the...
- Frank McCourt in Los Angeles Times
I'm a late bloomer,a 66-year-old McCourt told the New York Times shortly after publication of "Angela's Ashes" in 1996.