- n an embarrassing mistake
- The police investigation into the calamity points more to a foul-up than foul play.
- But because of a foul-up in drafting the deepwater leases, 1,000 of them issued in 1998 and 1999 didn't contain the language lifting the exemption for higher prices.
- The foul-up had its beginnings in mid-August.
- Scott Stanzel in Chicago Tribune
We are trying to understand the ramifications of this congressional farm bill foul-up. We haven't found a precedent for a congressional blunder of this magnitude,said Scott Stanzel, a White House spokesman. "It looks like it may be back to...
- Kofi Annan in CNN International
Secretary-General Kofi Annan called the affair "a first-class foul-up" and a UN spokesman Wednesday said the cockpit voice recorder tapes heard by the National Transportation Safety Board in Washington contain some conversations in French.