fungible : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a commodity that is freely interchangeable with another in satisfying an obligation
- s of goods or commodities; freely exchangeable for or replaceable by another of like nature or kind in the satisfaction of an obligation
- Sure, microcredit is typically meant to help build a business, but cash is fungible--if there's no money for dinner one night, a line of credit, whatever its intent, solves the .
- In making the case for a truth commission, it is perhaps counterproductive to label as fungible evidence you don't like and then accuse the bureaucrats of conspiracies to mislead.
- But punishment may be a fungible term.
News & Articles
- Santelli On How The Fed's Taper "David" Becomes A Global Deleveraging "Goliath"
On the two-year anniversary of our most in-depth explanation of how all stimulus globally is fungible , CNBC's Rick Santelli took up the mission of explaining how the never-ending rush of global central bank provided liquidity flows any and everywhere fungibly around the world in an instant. Furthermore, as we explained to Rick's colleague Mr. Liesman , not only is the stimulus fungible but it ...
June 12, 2013 - Zero Hedge
- John Roberts in BusinessWeek
Oil and coal? Of course, it's a fungible commodity and they don't flag, you know the molecules, where it's going and where it's not. But in the sense of the Congress today, they know that there are very, very hungry domestic markets that need that... Sarah Palin http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarah_Palin&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNF00-hkC4BFshN_bDZRhICNqNomLA ABC News http://www.google.com/url?q=http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalradar/2008/09/palin-takes-que.html&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHuqxTyZdZr1hcc2OvrZnF92fbSPw Sep 18, 2008
40527 52042 fungible Money is fungible," Roberts wrote. "Congress logically concluded that money a terrorist group such as the PKK obtains using the techniques plaintiffs propose to teach could be redirected to funding the group's violent activities."
- Jonathan Zittrain in PR Web (press release)
I'm interested in the ability to start treating the human mind as a fungible resource like lumber or computer cycles,said Zittrain. "For example, if you have a firm that has a problem, as the problem scales, you can add more human mind to...