- v become less clearly visible or distinguishable; disappear gradually or seemingly
- v lose freshness, vigor, or vitality
- v disappear gradually
- v become feeble
- s having lost freshness or brilliance of color
- s reduced in strength
the faded tones of an old recording
- For a start, this fad hasn't faded.
- Though it's saddled with a faded doily of a title, Brideshead Revisited is actually a wildly entertaining, swooningly funny-sad story about an impressionable young man, Charles .
- Now it's remade clothes, faded jeans and low-heeled pumps.
News & Articles
- City Council audience seats getting makeover
LYNN — The seats of government inside the City Council Chamber are faded and worn, but a local upholsterer is gradually replacing their 65-year-old cloth coverings with fresh new green ones.
June 19, 2013 - The Daily Item
- Mich. woman ordered to trial on false rape report
PORT HURON, Mich. (AP) — A Michigan woman accused of faking a sexual assault was ordered to stand trial on charges of making a false report of rape and tampering with evidence Tuesday after a doctor said her purported bruises faded after he wiped them with gauze.
June 19, 2013 - Associated Press via Yahoo! News
- 25 Ways To Stay Entertained On A Road Trip
Photo: Universal Pictures The radio stations have long ago faded and your ass hurts something awful. It's road-trip boredom, and this summer it might happen to you. Our goal is to make sure it doesn't with this handy list of ways for you and your friends to stay entertained whether you're driving, riding in the [...]
June 18, 2013 - MTV
- Andy Reid in Guardian Unlimited
I don't want to be that kid who was the son of the head coach of the Eagles, who was spoiled and on drugs and OD'd and just faded into oblivion,Reid said in court.
- Blythe Brown in USA Today
I recall feeling defenseless because more than a year had passed since I'd researched and written the novel, and the precise names, dates, places, and facts had faded somewhat in my memory,explains Brown, who acknowledges the anger over...
- Jeff Gordon in SI.com
I think that our team is really strong right now,said Gordon, seeking his first Cup title since 2001. "Every time we go through something like we went through Sunday, where we faded to the back and fought our way to the front, it only...