- v lessen the strength of
The fever weakened his body
- v become weaker
The prisoner's resistance weakened after seven days
- v destroy property or hinder normal operations
- v reduce the level or intensity or size or scope of
- v lessen in force or effect
- s impaired by diminution
- s made weak or weaker
- s reduced in strength
- s mixed with water
- s damaged inanimate objects or their value
- From the testimony, she emerged as a simple, stoic girl who resigned herself to her early mistreatment, only to become too numbed and weakened by its later savagery to resist.
- And that, says Goodheart, may help strengthen a weakened organ.
- Because the disease critically weakened the immune system and was often accompanied by a rare cancer, it had been labeled gay-related immune deficiency, or GRID, by some people .
News & Articles
- Energy sector dollar demand weakens Ugandan shilling
KAMPALA (Reuters) - The Ugandan shilling weakened on Tuesday, undermined by higher dollar demand from energy importers, but its range was seen as limited pending the government's budget presentation. At 0903 GMT, commercial banks quoted the currency of Africa's largest coffee exporter at 2,585/2,595, weaker than Monday's close of 2,580/2,590. "Demand from oil importers has weakened the shilling ...
June 11, 2013 - Reuters via Yahoo! News
- Weakened Andrea Breaks Northeast Rainfall Records
Weakened Andrea breaks rainfall records but doesn't cause major damage on East Coast
June 8, 2013 - ABC News
- Weakened Tropical Storm Dumps Rain on Southeast
Weakened Tropical Storm Andrea dumps rain on Southeast, moves briskly up coast
June 7, 2013 - ABC News
- Barack Obama in Reuters India
With the private sector so weakened by this recession, the federal government is the only entity left with the resources to jolt our economy back to life,Obama said during a televised prime-time appearance in the East Room of the White House...
- Joe Solmonese in The Guardian
The importance of this vote cannot be overstated. This is the beginning of the end of a shameful ban on open service by lesbian and gay troops that has weakened our national security,said Joe Solmonese, president of the Human Rights Campaign.
- Ben Bernanke in NEWS.com.au
The demand for housing seems to have weakened further,Mr Bernanke said, while "a number of factors, including higher oil prices, lower equity prices, and softening home values, seem likely to weigh on consumer spending as we move into...