- v extend in scope or range or area
The law was extended to all citizens
- v stretch out over a distance, space, time, or scope; run or extend between two points or beyond a certain point
- v span an interval of distance, space or time
The war extended over five years
- v make available; provide
- v thrust or extend out
- v reach outward in space
- v offer verbally
- v extend one's limbs or muscles, or the entire body
- v expand the influence of
The King extended his rule to the Eastern part of the continent
- v lengthen in time; cause to be or last longer
She extended her visit by another day
- v extend or stretch out to a greater or the full length
- v cause to move at full gallop
- v open or straighten out; unbend
- v use to the utmost; exert vigorously or to full capacity
He really extended himself when he climbed Kilimanjaro
- v prolong the time allowed for payment of
- v continue or extend
The disease extended into the remote mountain provinces
- v increase in quantity or bulk by adding a cheaper substance
- s relatively long in duration; tediously protracted
an extended discussion
- a fully extended or stretched forth
an extended telescope
his extended legs reached almost across the small room
refused to accept the extended hand
- s drawn out or made longer spatially
the extended airport runways can accommodate larger planes
- s beyond the literal or primary sense
`hot off the press' shows an extended sense of `hot'
- s large in spatial extent or range or scope or quantity
extended farm lands
surgeons with extended experience
- An extended interview with the king .
- The Maoists gradually extended their influence over rural Nepal, and they are now able to attack anywhere, even carrying out assassinations and bombings inside Kathmandu.
- Two weeks ago, she was there again with a few members of her extended family.
News & Articles
- Registration extended for Lodi’s recreation soccer leagues
Regular registration for Lodi’s recreation soccer leagues has been extended to June 26. The cost is $90 for residents and $100 for non-residents. Beginning June 7, late registration fees will be $100 for residents and $110 for non-residents.
June 22, 2013 - Lodi News-Sentinel
- Deadline extended for public comment about restoration after Deepwater Horizon oil spill.
The Gulf Coast Ecosystem Restoration Council extended the deadline for public comment on how to spend fine money following the Deepwater Horizon oil spill, officials said.
June 21, 2013 - Corpus Christi Caller-Times
- Suburban Extended Stay Hotel in Longview, Texas Captures Top Honors
ROCKVILLE, Md., June 20, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The Suburban Extended Stay Hotel property in Longview, Texas has earned the prestigious Hotel of the Year award from Choice Hotels International, Inc. (NYSE: ...
June 20, 2013 - PR Newswire via Yahoo! Finance
- Bill Parcells in Seattle Times
I am in good health and feel lucky to have been able to coach in the NFL for an extended period of time,Parcells said. "I leave the game and the NFL with nothing but good feelings and gratitude to all the players, coaches and other people...
- Ben Bernanke in Newsweek
The Fed last week reaffirmed its policy and noted that conditions "are likely to warrant exceptionally low levels of the federal funds rate for an extended period."
- Bertrand Piccard in The Hindu
The goal of the project is to have a solar-powered plane flying day and night without fuel,said team co-founder Bertrand Piccard, adding that this test flight "the third major step after its first 'flea hop' and an extended flight earlier...