- v imagine; conceive of; see in one's mind
- v picture to oneself; imagine possible
- s seen in the mind as a mental image
the glory of his envisioned future
- Just as it was once a microcosm of the old order, the bustling Puchong of today is a neat symbol of the new Malaysia as envisioned by Prime Minister Mahathir Mohamad: modern .
- Whitehouse never envisioned spending her later years this way.
- His death inspired many associates--most notably Cleve Jones, who later envisioned the greatest work of American folk art, the AIDS quilt.
News & Articles
- Princeton’s Backyard
That’s how the Historical Society of Princeton envisioned the Updike Farmstead when it was opened two years ago, according to HSP Executive Director Erin Dougherty. “We want people to come out, have a picnic, sit, and watch the sunset.”
June 21, 2013 - Princeton Town Topics
- Arethusa al tavolo Wine Bar/Restaurant in Bantam Is Fabulous, Food Sublime
Arethusa al tavolo, the wine bar and restaurant envisioned by Arethusa Farm and Manolo Blahnik visionaries George Malkemus and Anthony Yurgaitis, has arrived—opening officially for dinner this Friday, June 14, after a dry run throughout the week of “soft opening” dinners for invited guests.
June 21, 2013 - Litchfield County Times
- Return of the Golden Girls: How Seniors are Creating Community
After a 30-year career in human resources in Silicon Valley, Marianne Kilkenny envisioned a different life for her golden years - one that looked like "The Golden Girls," the hit sitcom about four senior women living in a Miami group house. In her case, Asheville, N.C. would set the scene for her post-corporate life. Divorced, without children and determined not to age in a nursing home ...
June 20, 2013 - U.S.News & World Report LP via Yahoo! News
- Barack Obama in USA Today
WASHINGTON (AP) - Rock star Bruce Springsteen endorsed Democratic Sen. Barack Obama for president Wednesday, saying "he speaks to the America I've envisioned in my music for the past 35 years."
- Bruce Springsteen in AFP
I've been following the campaign and I have now seen and heard enough to know where I stand. Senator Obama, in my view, is head and shoulders above the rest,Springsteen wrote on his website. "He speaks to the America I've envisioned in my...
- David Johnston in Metro Canada - Vancouver
This war-weary soldier had a dream, of humanity and peace in a world of cruelty and violence,said Johnston. "He envisioned a New World as a place where people of different cultures could live together in amity and concord. And this became...