engraved : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v carve, cut, or etch into a material or surface
engraved the trophy cupt with the winner's
- v impress or affect deeply
The event engraved itself into her memory
- v carve or cut into a block used for printing or print from such a block
- v carve or cut a design or letters into
- s cut or impressed into a surface
- Those who were part of, or sought a place among, the social lite would deliver a card with their name engraved on it to someone's home to request a visit.
- Their names are engraved on empty graves, their books are dummies, they are complete nonentities insofar as my taste in reading is concerned.
- Some are embellished with laser-engraved designs and lace badges, decorative metal clips attached to the laces.
News & Articles
- Myrtle Beach Police memorial nears completion
Members of the Myrtle Beach Police Department have been working diligently through fund raisers, donations and engraved paver sales to complete construction on a memorial dedicated to police officers around the country who have lost their lives in the line of duty.
June 20, 2013 - WMBF News Myrtle Beach
- Grave mistake: Ed Koch’s tombstone engraved with wrong birth date
The man who engraved former New York City Mayor Ed Koch's tombstone has apologized for putting on the wrong birth date. Tommy Flynn, the owner of Flynn Funeral and Cremation Memorial Services, told NBC's New York affiliate that he inadvertently listed Koch's birth year as 1942 instead of 1924. Flynn says he feels "terrible" and [...]
June 18, 2013 - The Lookout via Yahoo! News
- Koch's tombstone engraved with wrong birth date
NEW YORK (AP) - The late Ed Koch, who meticulously planned his own funeral, might be rolling in his grave if he saw his own tombstone. NBC 4 New York ( http://bit.ly/11kapIO ) reported Monday that the wrong birth date was mistakenly engraved on the former New York City mayor's headstone, listing his birth date as Dec. 12, 1942 instead of 1924.
June 18, 2013 - New Jersey Herald
- Junichiro Koizumi in Malaysia Star
My friends, I want you, the next time you're down in Washington, DC, to go to the Vietnam War memorial and look at the names engraved in black granite. You'll find a whole lot of Hispanic names. When you go to Iraq or Afghanistan today, you're... John McCain http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_McCain&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNEhauRSvpu74c5JI21AhXVu-x_kmQ NPR http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php%3FstoryId%3D92342725&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNEJ9l6pm-QWZk3noossdJ9G32c7eA Jul 8, 2008
33160 42515 engraved With feelings of deep remorse and heartfelt apology always engraved in mind, Japan has resolutely maintained, consistently since the end of World War II, never turning into a military power but an economic power, its principle of resolving all...
- Barack Obama in MiamiHerald.com
That's what the Stanley Cup is all about -- not just having your names engraved alongside the best players in history, but also giving back to others along the way,said Obama. "And this spirit of service helps to strengthen our...