- v carve, cut, or etch into a material or surface
- v register formally as a participant or member
- v draw within a figure so as to touch in as many places as possible
- v write, engrave, or print as a lasting record
- v mark with one's signature
- v convert ordinary language into code
- v address, (a work of literature) in a style less formal than a dedication
- s written (by handwriting, printing, engraving, or carving) on or in a surface
- s cut or impressed into a surface
- A woman has "roles inscribed in her own biology," he says.
- Since it was inscribed on the list, the site has received more than $4 million to help with reconstruction and to hire a sculptor to re-carve some of the damaged stone.
- Upon receiving no response, he announces the death and arranges for the Fisherman's ring -- inscribed with the name of the reigning pope -- and .
News & Articles
- Koch's tombstone engraved with wrong date
NEW YORK, June 18 (UPI) -- Friends and family members of former New York City Mayor Ed Koch said his tombstone is inscribed with an incorrect birth date.
June 18, 2013 - UPI
- David Bowie at Bonhams: Lyrics, contracts and instruments up for auction
Mick Jagger: A lock of Mick Jagger's hair, 1960s, in a small paper envelope inscribed Mick Jagger's hair after being washed + trimmed by Chris at Rose Hill Farm, with a statement of provenance. Estimate: £1,500-2,000. Photo: Bonhams.
June 18, 2013 - Art Daily
- Memorial erected for Fairfield woman
A four-foot wooden cross erected at the spot where Katelyn Markham’s remains were found in April serves as a memorial to the 23-year-old Fairfield woman and a symbol of closure for her family and friends, even as they await answers from police investigators about how she died. The handcrafted cross with a metal plaque inscribed with the words, “Lost Is Not Alone. No Longer Lost, Never Alone ...
June 18, 2013 - Today's Pulse
- Dianne Feinstein in Irish Independent
On 20 January, as President-elect Obama takes the oath of office, he will look across the National Mall toward the Lincoln Memorial, where many of the 16th president's immortal words are inscribed,said Ms Feinstein, who is in charge of the...
- ErtuÄŸrul in San Diego Union Tribune
Leyla Gencer, a world artist, had become our honor in the international scene and has inscribed her name on the history of opera,Culture Minister Ertugrul Gunay said.
- Leslie Manigat in USA Today
We are not going to be sore losers but we are human beings,said Manigat, who wouldn't say if he would register a formal complaint. "The right of a second round of elections is inscribed in the election rules."