enchanted : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v hold spellbound
- v attract; cause to be enamored
- v cast a spell over someone or something; put a hex on someone or something
- a influenced as by charms or incantations
- Each had already made his mark--but as collaborators they created musical theater that enchanted audiences and redefined the art form.
- It was there, in her early 20s, that she first saw $#151; nd became enchanted with $#151; the enormous mysteries of the sea.
- Four English children playing hide-and-seek accidentally wander through an enchanted wardrobe and into Narnia, a land locked in a deep magical winter by the spells of an evil witch .
News & Articles
- Cape Playhouse turns up the charm
WELL DONE, LADS AND LASSES – Rodgers and Hammerstein beam down on the Cape Playhouse cast of Some Enchanted Evening. Left to right: Georgia Tapp, Kevin Earley, Susan Powell, Bret Shuford, Leah Hocking and Evans Haile at the grand piano.
June 14, 2013 - The Barnstable Patriot
- Good Day/Weather and notes for the Guernsey County area
Good day! Nice Friday with periods of sunshine. Highs in the upper 70s. Details on page A-10. Rodgers & Hammerstein's Some Enchanted Evening will be presented on June 14 -15 from 7:30 to 10 p.m. at Living Word Outdoor Drama, Cambridge.
June 13, 2013 - The Daily Jeffersonian
- Enchanted Forest opens for 58th season
OLD FORGE, N.Y. (WKTV) - The official start of summer may not be until June 21, but for CNY, the opening of Enchanted Forest Water Safari unofficially helps kick off the season. .
June 12, 2013 - WKTV Utica
- Joseph Wilson in Washington Post
We were not Washingtonians,said Wilson, who noted that much of Plame's career, and nearly all of his, was spent overseas. "We always thought about moving someplace where we could raise our kids. And we're not enchanted with the political...
- Mary Zimmerman in Tonight
The fanciful story of the sorceress who enthralls men in her island prison of sensual delights, Zimmerman says, "has an epic, enchanted quality and a tremendous visual element".
- Bob Crowley in Canada.com
My job is to make magic. That's part of my job description,says Crowley, designer and costumer for the Broadway musical, which opens Wednesday. "I like to be enchanted and enthralled myself. When I am, it makes life better. I have this...