- n a female sorcerer or magician
- n a being (usually female) imagined to have special powers derived from the devil
- n a believer in Wicca
- n an ugly evil-looking old woman
- v cast a spell over someone or something; put a hex on someone or something
- In order to discover if someone is a witch, tie his hands and feet.
- He is, says Sanders, a hereditary witchas distinguished from the converts that Miss Johns' overly sympathetic biography obviously seeks to attract.
- Yale professor and historian John Demos looks at two millennia of witch-hunting in Europe and America.
- Arsene Wenger in AFP
I find it a complete disgrace and unacceptable,Wenger said. "We won't accept the way we have been treated in this case for two reasons. I believe that you can debate whether it was a penalty or not. For me it's a witch hunt that we see and...
- Tony Woodley in Press TV
Unite has stated, "There can be no industrial peace without meaningful negotiations and while management victimizes trade unionists and uses disciplinary procedures in a witch-hunt."
- Gareth Southgate in Gainsborough Standard
Southgate said in the Daily Telegraph: "We have to rise above it. If people want to shout those things it's a reflection on them. There's a danger we go on a witch hunt. What do you do? Punish the club? They can't do anything about their travelling...