- n the act of consuming food
- v take in solid food
She was eating a banana
- v eat a meal; take a meal
- v take in food; used of animals only
- v worry or cause anxiety in a persistent way
What's eating you?
- v use up (resources or materials)
- v cause to deteriorate due to the action of water, air, or an acid
- Q A: With renewed focus on high-mercury tuna, one public-health expert says the real danger is that we're not eating enough fish.
- I tell her I am only eating what doesn't make me feel uncomfortable that is when I eat like this I feel good.
- For vegetarianism should be about more than not eating; it's also about smart eating.
- Lindsay Lohan in New York Post
Even though it's our personal business as to why she's in rehab, she knows that she has issues, and obviously, if you're in rehab you're not there for an eating disorder,Dina Lohan said. "There have been several interventions and I'm happy...
- Jamie Lee Curtis in FOXNews
So I started a really healthy way of eating, just avoiding things that I had been shoving in my mouth. Over the course of a year, I dropped about 20 pounds,Curtis says. "Now, I get up at (5 am) every day, filled with energy. I play tennis...
- Barack Obama in NBC Los Angeles
Should we go with Leviticus, which suggests slavery is OK and that eating shellfish is an abomination? Or we could go with Deuteronomy, which suggests stoning your child if he strays from the faith? Or should we just stick to the Sermon on the... Barack Obama http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barack_Obama&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHQ0yfPaaXFGqLKymRgcres0I2nuA CNN International http://www.google.com/url?q=http://edition.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/06/24/evangelical.vote/&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNED9eUBGyn2J_rhWbaqfy4yePRMsQ Jun 24, 2008
31349 40387 eats Obama said Sunday that he had a personal stake in the problem with peanut products, especially peanut butter, because that's what Sasha eats for lunch probably three times a week."