drawers : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n underpants worn by men
- n underpants worn by women
- n a boxlike container in a piece of furniture; made so as to slide in and out
- n the person who writes a check or draft instructing the drawee to pay someone else
- n an artist skilled at drawing
- The suspicious customer should examine the drawers of wooden pieces.
- It's the kind of news that's been known to cause shortness of breath, sudden cardiac arrest, revolvers pulled from bedside drawers.
- Rather than paying a premium to lure pennies back into circulation from jars and drawers, shouldn't we just eliminate them? It now costs about a penny to make and ship a penny.
News & Articles
- The C.G. Collection
The Acclaim vanity from the C.G. Collection features a variety of storage drawers, ideal for stowing away personal care products. Available in six sizes, the unit features classic features, including tapered legs, a countertop with backsplash, a square sink and brushed metal hardware.
June 18, 2013 - Kitchen and Bath Business
- Man sentenced to 11 years in prison on robbery conviction
A Kettering man was sentenced today to 11 years in prison on three counts of robbery. Mathew Madden, 55, as arrested at a dead end on Park Drive in Dayton after he used a gun to rob a WesBanco Bank branch on South Smithville Road on Dec. 20, 2012, according to reports. He pointed a gun at the tellers and made them lay on the ground while he emptied the tellers’ cash drawers. He unknowingly took ...
June 18, 2013 - WHIO-TV 7 Dayton
- Review finds lax oversight at garages
LAWRENCE -- The city's parking lots and garages are monitored by attendants whose cash-only collections are not verified, overseen by administrators who let the cash sit in drawers for weeks and secured only by obsolete surveillance cameras installed
June 18, 2013 - The Eagle-Tribune
- Tim Burton in ABC Online
I didn't realise I saved so much stuff, 'cos I never really look at it, I was just sort of stuffing stuff in drawers,Burton said. "Ron and Jenny kind of did an archaeological dig ...... They found my original rejection slips from Disney. I...
- Mia Farrow in Reuters South Africa
I have drawers full of children's paintings -- I have 14 children,said Farrow. "They are full of suns and stars and stick people smiling. These are very different drawings. I'm looking at a head being shot off, I'm looking at attack...
- Terrell Suggs in Baltimore Sun
We're watching out for him. We are alert,said Suggs, who talked about the Ward's cheap shots on Jarret Johnson, Ed Reed and Bart Scott. "If there is a guy loose pulling people's drawers down in the neighborhood, you're going to be alert...