draftsman : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a skilled worker who draws plans of buildings or machines
- n an artist skilled at drawing
- Though drawings featured prominently in Galileo's work, his role as artist and draftsman has until now been little more than a footnote in accounts of his life.
- THE Chicago that Boston-born Louis Sullivan first saw as a fledgling draftsman of 17 was a vast expanse of gutted ruins, the aftermath of the Great Fire of 1871.
- Gamer Lee Seung Woo, a draftsman by day whose real-life hope is to find a girlfriend, has written a still unpublished novel about male friendship set in the game.
News & Articles
- Three artists explore 20th century surrealism
Bringing together three artists — a painter, a sculptor and draftsman, and a ceramic sculptor — for the first time, a Brentwood Arts Exchange exhibition explores the human imagination through contemporary forms that trace their roots back to 20th century surrealism.
June 19, 2013 - The Prince George's Sentinel
- Gilbert Shelton in NPR
His technique is rich, rich as any draftsman I know,says Shelton.
- Margaret Olley in The Australian
The judiciary, in some cases, has only emphasised constitutional provisions, true spirit thereof by highlighting the express as well as implied intention of constitution draftsman, which for some or the other reason remained unimplemented at the... YK Sabharwal http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yogesh_Kumar_Sabharwal&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNEAZyEIT2G5lwC0Y82SVZ9-9gcC_w Newindpress http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.newindpress.com/NewsItems.asp%3FID%3DIEH20051126073659%26Page%3DH%26Title%3DTop%2BStories%26Topic%3D0&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHaMGGjZarVPKwoKnaWhrAgu68kZQ Nov 26, 2005
30142 38923 draftsman I've had it for two or three years; now other people can see it," Olley said. "It's a typical Degas, the work of a superb draftsman. You know it's a Degas drawing instantly."