- n a boxlike container in a piece of furniture; made so as to slide in and out
- n the person who writes a check or draft instructing the drawee to pay someone else
- n an artist skilled at drawing
- So for now, the contains of that drawer remain secret: my own redacted X file.
- She keeps them in a drawer by her easy chair.
- A sudden windstorm has damaged a power transformer on my street in Lahore, so I am forced to hunt through my sock drawer in flickering candlelight.
News & Articles
- Holman, the man behind the stadium, celebrated on Sunday
I bet Frank Holman was a really neat guy, if something of a homebody whose idea of an exciting evening may have involved rearranging his sock drawer. Painting the born-and-raised Nashua philanthropist a quiet, low-key guy is, by all accounts, a fair portrayal. But if I could get that rusty old time machine in the basement back into working order, the first thing I’d do is set the dial for May ...
June 15, 2013 - The Nashua Telegraph
- Loose Change RobberGrabbed Money From Register: BSO
When the clerk opened the cash drawer, the suspect reached for and took cash within it, then dashed out of the store, the video shows. Photo Credit: Broward Sheriff's Office
June 14, 2013 - NBC Miami
- Cash Drawer Stolen From Lexington Restaurant
Lexington police said a burglar got into a restaurant and stole money early Thursday morning. Police responded to an alarm call at Long John Silver's off Tates Creek Road around 2:30 a.m. When they arrived, they said they found the rear door window pried open. They said a cash drawer had been taken but they don't know how much money was stolen. There have been no arrests in the burglary as of ...
June 13, 2013 - ABC 36 Lexington
- Frank Lampard in Times Online
We just wanted to play as well as we can,Lampard said. "We wanted to start all guns blazing. Last year we had a difficult start and the football we played in the first half today was top drawer. We can build on that. The first half was as...
- Sepp Blatter in Independent Online
I would be quite negligent as president if I did not have a Plan B tucked away at the back of a drawer,said Blatter.
- John Howard in Sydney Morning Herald
Let me say one thing very simply - there will be no further changes to the industrial relations legislation,Mr Howard told reporters in Tasmania. "There is no second wave. We have nothing in the drawer."