knickers : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n trousers ending above the knee
- n underpants worn by women
- There are Syrian exporters who employ people to cut the "Made in Syria" labels out of frilly knickers and lacy bras, and replace them with ones that say "Made in Italy" prior to .
- Prices in the souks are around $10-$16 for a bra-and-knickers set complete with son et lumire effects, but expect to haggle.
- It helps that the cast is so impeccably British polite, well spoken, deeply concerned with keeping their knickers untwisted, their aplomb unruffled.
News & Articles
- A scholar's cycle
Dressed in period garb — knickers, vest, paperboy hat — Luis Vivanco mentions several downtown sites that figured in Burlington's bike history in the late 19th century.
June 8, 2013 - The Burlington Free Press
- Living in Style: Shape up with Shapewear
If the image of Bridget Jones wrestling with her larger-than-life, tummy-sucking knickers pops into your head when you hear the word "shapewear," it's time to approach the subject with a more open mind.
June 5, 2013 - WTOP Radio Washington, DC
- Joss Stone in News24
Joss said in an interview with Q magazine: "I would never wear a short skirt with no knickers, because that would be silly. If you do that it's basically like saying you're a slut. And I'm not."
- James Blunt in New York Daily News
I think when you put the emphasis on her knickers and not on her talent, you lose perspective. It really detracts, as a whole, from things that are really important, like global warming and war,Blunt said.