disturbing : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v move deeply
- v change the arrangement or position of
- v tamper with
- v destroy the peace or tranquility of
- v damage as if by shaking or jarring
- s causing distress or worry or anxiety
distressing (or disturbing) news
a disturbing amount of crime
- The director of Hounddog, which features the 12-year-old actress in a disturbing rape scene, fights back against the critics who are crying child pornography.
- The film is seductive, disturbing, enthralling a trip to hell that gives the passengers a great ride.
- To be sure, there are individuals we could blame for the many painful and disturbing things that happened in 2006.
News & Articles
- Letter: Scorched by branding
I find it very disturbing that Mr. Epperson, New Bern city manager, presented to the Board of Aldermen that the current Branding Program would cost $82,000. Now I find that in March of 2013 another $10,000 was spend on branding. Additionally for the city budget of 2013-14, Mr. Epperson has requested an additional $75,000 to implement the branding program. Was this a bait and switch act or not ...
June 21, 2013 - New Bern Sun Journal
- BART Workers Ask for Bullet-Proof Glass at Transit Stations
One of the many disturbing things we learned after watching/listening to the video of Yeiner Perez, the naked acrobat who is accused of terrorizing commuters, is that BART stations aren't equip...
June 21, 2013 - SF Weekly Blogs
- J. Cole Sent Disturbing Photo on Twitter
*A disturbing request for a retweet was sent to rapper J. Cole. According to TMZ, a fan tweeted Monday night “@JColeNC retweet me and I’ll buy Born Sinner. Don’t retweet me and I’ll kill my lil sister.” Attached was a photo of a little girl with a gun to her head. Shortly after the threatening [...]
June 18, 2013 - EURweb
- Barack Obama in USA Today
This is a time for reflection, not retribution,Obama said in a statement. "We have been through a dark and painful chapter in our history. But at a time of great challenges and disturbing disunity, nothing will be gained by spending our...
- Sarah Palin in ABC News
In a column titled "Statement on the Current Health Care Debate," Palin wrote that as "Americans delve into the disturbing details of the nationalized health care plan that the current administration is rushing through Congress, our...
- Darrell Issa in Wall Street Journal
California Rep. Darrell Issa, top Republican on the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform, said it was "nothing short of disturbing" that SEC employees viewed porn during the worst financial crisis since the Depression: "This...