distressful : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s causing distress or worry or anxiety
lived in heroic if something distressful isolation
- Gets him to rest, cramm'd with distressful bread; Never sees horrid night, the child of hell, But, like a lackey, from the rise to set Sweats in the eye of Phoebus and all night.
- The distressful ailments known to laymen as colds, grippe, flu and viral pneumonia make up a spectrum of illnesses for which doctors have long had fancier names but no cures and .
- In his round of Southeast Asia, PTI Correspondent Sam Welles visited Burma, reported: Burma is the most distressful country that ever I have seen.
News & Articles
- Rose McGowan Witnesses “Knockout Game” Beating
Rose McGowan has claimed that she personally witnessed a distressful “knockout game” attack in LA, Thursday. McGowan was going about her business when a masked man suddenly appeared and walloped an unsuspecting elderly man in the head before fleeing the …
Jan. 3, 2014 - WebProNews
- Junichiro Koizumi in USA Today
Distressful and regrettable incidents have been occurring, and it's a problem that we need to take seriously,Prime Minister Junichiro Koizumi said this week. "We need to strengthen cooperation between police, officials ...... and...
- Thomas Kean in Washington Post
The committee's overt partisanship "is new, at least to my mind, and it's distressful, because this is one area where partisanship does not belong," said Thomas H. Kean, the former Republican governor of New Jersey who chaired the widely praised...
- Girija Prasad Koirala in Kantipur Online
Violation of the politics of 'consensus, cooperation and unity' by the Maoists is the most distressful factor for meKoirala said.