- n a representation by picture or portraiture
- v show in, or as in, a picture
- v give a description of
- v make a portrait of
- In 2005, CIA officials ordered the destruction of videotapes depicting the harsh interrogation of prisoners in the agency's secret overseas prisons.
- Newspapers and late-night comics had a field day with early press reports depicting a boozy Hazelwood leaving the bridge of the 987-ft.
- The graphic was a 10cm line with numbers like a ruler, as well as upside down smiley faces depicting progressively greater discomfort the VAS (visual analog pain scale).
- Margaret Chan in Odessa American
We have some early snapshots depicting the spread of the virus and the range of illness it can cause,Chan said. "We know too that this early patchy picture can change very quickly."
- Al Sharpton in Forbes
The Rev. Al Sharpton said he was outraged that Germans were "depicting blacks as target practice."
- Flavio Briatore in Independent
Briatore said: "The drivers in our teams have been and are world champions, while the championship is now fought between a driver who was almost retired and another who is a good guy but a paracarro [an Italian expression depicting a driver who is...