- n a representation by picture or portraiture
- v portray in words
- v make a portrait of
- v assume or act the character of
- v represent abstractly, for example in a painting, drawing, or sculpture
- The country doesn't want Hollywood's top gun, and outspoken Scientologist, portraying its most beloved anti-Nazi.
- But it is as daring and honest in portraying the minutiae of its characters' inner lives as it is in showing the details of their sex lives.
- Adapted from West's own script, Sextette has her portraying a movie sex goddess, not unlike the Mae of 40 years ago, who has just married her sixth husband.
News & Articles
- Negative ads deteriorate respect for fathers, experts say
Can commercials and TV shows portraying fathers as idiots have a negative effect in the home? Some counselors say they might, so dads should remember the impact they have on their families.
June 13, 2013 - KSL Salt Lake City
- LOOK: The First Photo of Rob Lowe as JFK
Rob Lowe is looking very Presidential these days. On Wednesday, National Geographic Channel released the first photo of the actor portraying President John F. Kennedy in the upcoming TV movie Killing Kennedy . Production on the telepic, which is based on the best-selling book by Bill O'Reilly and Martin Dugard, began in Richmond, Virginia earlier this week. Once Upon a Time star Ginnifer Goodwin ...
June 13, 2013 - Zimbio
- Are Hollywood's Best Actresses Afraid to Play Hillary?
Getting cast as the young Hillary Clinton in the pre-Election Day 2016 biopic Rodham should be the role of a lifetime for Hollywood's young A-listers, but portraying any version of a likely presidential candidate might just be too daunting a task. The Hollywood Reporter's Borys Kit reported last night that Carey Mulligan, the Brit thought to be the frontrunner for the role, has passed on it. She ...
June 12, 2013 - The Atlantic Wire via Yahoo! News
- Robert Lichter in FOXNews
For whatever reason, the media are portraying Barack Obama as a better choice for president than John McCain,said Robert Lichter, a George Mason University professor and head of the center. "If you watch the evening news, you'd think you...
- Paula Wagner in New York Times
In a statement Ms. Wagner, chief executive of United Artists, said: "Aside from his obvious admiration of the man he is portraying, Mr. Cruise's personal beliefs have absolutely no bearing on the movie's plot, themes or content. And even though we...
- AntÃ³nio Guterres in Montreal Gazette
Alixandra Fazzina stands out as a fearless humanitarian who achieves something remarkable by unearthing and so vividly portraying individual stories of uprooted people,said the High Commissioner, Antonio Guterres.