demanding : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v request urgently and forcefully
The victim's family is demanding compensation
- v require as useful, just, or proper
- v claim as due or just
- v lay legal claim to
- v summon to court
- v ask to be informed of
- a requiring more than usually expected or thought due; especially great patience and effort and skill
found the job very demanding
a baby can be so demanding
- The public is not whipped into a frenzy demanding reform.
- The pro-democracy students are demanding that these groups be brought under control and that those responsible for acts of violence be arrested.
- With elective C-sections, detailed birth plans and better medication, European women are demanding control over the birth process.
News & Articles
- Prosecutors push for anti-phone theft measures
NEW YORK (AP) — Law enforcement officials nationwide are demanding the creation of a "kill switch" that would render smartphones inoperable after they are stolen, New York's top prosecutor said Thursday in a clear warning to the world's smartphone manufacturers.
June 14, 2013 - Associated Press via Yahoo! News
- Turkish PM issues ultimatum, will meet protesters
ISTANBUL (AP) — Turkey's prime minister issued a "final warning" to protesters on Thursday, demanding they end their occupation of a park next to Istanbul's Taksim Square that has ignited the largest political crisis of his 10-year rule.
June 13, 2013 - Associated Press via Yahoo! News
- Disgraced ex-Sen. Pedro Espada, Jr. demanding courthouse surveillance to prove judge pressured jury
Convicted ex-state senator Pedro Espada, Jr., is demanding a review of courthouse surveillance tapes and other records to determine whether a federal judge barged into trial deliberations, as two jurors recently claimed.
June 11, 2013 - New York Daily News
- Patricia Hewitt in The Sun
The Muslim Representative from Minnesota was elected by the voters of that district and if American citizens don't wake up and adopt (my) position on immigration there will likely be many more Muslims elected to office and demanding the use of the... Virgil Goode http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virgil_Goode&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGHUAqP4Vmqr0UEdJUT7aA3xpZkOg Washington Post http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/12/21/AR2006122101334.html&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNHJYMx1M2O4C8MGfoGm0-mHFZGeSw Dec 21, 2006
26189 34950 demanding Hoon and Hewitt added: In what will inevitably be a difficult and demanding election campaign, we must have a determined and united parliamentary party. It is our job to lead the fight against our political opponents. We can only do that if we...
- Mike Pence in USA Today
Republicans, Democrats and independents are stepping up and demanding we put our fiscal house in order,Pence said.