curving : Definition, Usages, News and More
- v turn sharply; change direction abruptly
- v extend in curves and turns
- v form an arch or curve
- v bend or cause to bend
- v form a curl, curve, or kink
- a having or marked by a curve or smoothly rounded bend
- A curving motorized blade rides slowly back and forth across its surface as though carving it, sending off splatters of wax along its circumference like solar flares.
- The curving line survived as a kind of subdepartment of Modernism.
- To Novelist Joseph Conrad, the Congo River was "an immense snake uncoiled" curving through "joyless sunshine into the heart of darkness.
News & Articles
- 40- to 50-foot flames ruin garage; house spared
TOWN OF CALEDONIA — Heavy, black smoke visible from the curving road Thursday signaled a working structure fire and the call for some backup, said Merrimac Assistant Fire Chief Kurt Kirchstein.
June 21, 2013 - Portage Daily Register
- 2013 Audi Allroad offers smooth handling, crisp turns
The 2013 Audi Allroad is versatile, allowing drivers to navigate both choppy, unpaved roads and curving blacktop, Halvorson says. The wagon does not have the highest ground clearance, but it compensates by offering a smooth ride for all.
June 17, 2013 - The Christian Science Monitor
- Mark Wilson in ESPN
With five holes to go in the pro-am, I just thought, 'Why don't we take a thought of hitting it 80 percent all week?' All of a sudden, the ball starting curving a little left, which I like,Wilson said. "I kind of just went from there."
- Phil Mickelson in WRAL.com
Right now it's getting the long game down, getting the misses down,said Mickelson of what he and Harmon have been working on. "The biggest thing that I'm noticing that's taking adjustment is that I'm not curving the ball as much...
- Frank Thomas in USA Today
It's been a long time since one of those,Thomas said, laughing. "The way the ball was curving, I just thought it was going to be a double. But then I saw the ball get by him. I've felt better all year, so I'm running a lot better. I was...