- v turn sharply; change direction abruptly
- v extend in curves and turns
- v form an arch or curve
- v bend or cause to bend
the road curved sharply
- v form a curl, curve, or kink
- a having or marked by a curve or smoothly rounded bend
the curved tusks of a walrus
his curved lips suggested a smile but his eyes were hard
- The new theory of curved space-time was called general relativity to distinguish it from the original theory without gravity, which was now known as special relativity.
- That's thanks to details like a curved underbody, an ultra-fuel-efficient 54-cc engine and a driver who understands why the turtle beat the hare.
- He was able to come up with a gravitational field equation that showed how matter curved space and how curved space told matter how to move.
News & Articles
- Tension holds up curved shower rod
Moen has introduced a curved shower rod that's tension-mounted, so there's no need to drill holes in your walls. Moen has introduced a curved shower rod that's tension-mounted, so there's no need to drill holes in your walls.
June 20, 2013 - Everett Herald
- Back Support Brace Belts Designed by Back-A-Line Now Offered by Rehabmart.com
Discovering that a firm surface which curved to fit his back dramatically eased his pain and discomfort, Landtbom was able to avoid surgery and went on to invest his time in perfecting the Back-A-Line solution. The final uniquely patented design achieved broad industry recognition and is utilized by many high quality organizations such as the U.S. Army, Time Warner, United Airlines, Best Buy ...
June 20, 2013 - PRWeb
- Curved OLED HDTV screens are a bad idea (for now)
OLED is a great idea, curved screens can be a great idea, but curved OLED screens are not. Originally posted at TV and Home Theater
June 18, 2013 - CNET
- Tommy Haas in Los Angeles Times
The first one was just like a reaction,Haas said. "He made a hell of a get. The ball curved back deep. I just hit the slice backhand. He came in. I felt like, 'OK, let's try it again.' It went over his head and went in. I think if I would...
- Mariann Fischer Boel in Sofia Echo
July 1 marks the return to our shelves of the curved cucumber and the knobbly carrot,said Mariann Fischer Boel, Commissioner for Agriculture and Rural Development.
- Elliott Sadler in SI.com
It's a lot trickier than we've had,said Elliott Sadler. "It's really the only one curved on our schedule we have shaped like this, so it's going to be new to all of us. The pit boxes are big enough and long enough to help us a little bit,...