- n work made of interlaced slender branches (especially willow branches)
- v beat with a cane
- v preserve in a can or tin
- v terminate the employment of; discharge from an office or position
- Michael Fay's father said he would take legal action against Singapore for caning his 19-year-old son, and the Far East government suggested the Fays were getting greedy.
- The possible caning of a Muslim woman for drinking beer tests Malaysia's image.
- The caning would be done with a thin stick on the back and would be largely symbolic rather than aimed at causing pain, unlike the caning of rapists and drug smugglers with a thick .
- David Coulthard in Sportinglife.com
I must admit that caning was a regular feature during our stay in the school......As students, we did not resist or fight against it. It was part of our curriculum in a sense and I think we were better off with it than without. Indeed, there were... Amitabh Bachchan http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amitabh_Bachchan&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGjS8eQhoNMPMEOOznf1kQVYWZaAQ Times of India http://www.google.com/url?q=http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Entertainment/Bollywood/News-Interviews/Big-B-got-caned-in-school/articleshow/6067758.cms&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGRr9RO6wz7HZDzWjmaXOi5dKbHKQ Jun 19, 2010
14718 20107 caning I just can't imagine why anyone wouldn't want to be active in the only forum via which he can increase the likelihood of his going home safe and sound at the end of a day spent caning one of the 22 fastest cars in the world around a race track. So...
- Leigh Matthews in Melbourne Herald Sun
Ben Cousins, the Eagles and the sport of AFL have taken a fair caning over this but I think in fact having a really high-profile person who gets grabbed by the drug scourge is the best thing for everybody else,Matthews said. "Because...