bunk : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a long trough for feeding cattle
- n a bed on a ship or train; usually in tiers
- n a rough bed (as at a campsite)
- n unacceptable behavior (especially ludicrously false statements)
- n a message that seems to convey no meaning
- n beds built one above the other
- v avoid paying
- v provide with a bunk
We bunked the children upstairs
- v flee; take to one's heels; cut and run
- So last week, in that spacious Rancho Santa Fe mansion, with the bougainvillaea in full bloom outside, 39 bodies were laid out on their backs on bunk beds and mattresses, looking .
- Larsen, who regarded such tradition as bunk, kept trying to strike up conversation and share his excitement.
- I put my feet against the bunk to place my weight against him.
News & Articles
- AT-AT liquor cabinet for cocktail-sipping Siths
Be a good Sith, and go get Darth Vader a drink. (Credit: Colin Johnson) There's a whole world of fan-made "Star Wars" furniture out there. A lucky fluffball has an AT-AT cat condo . A fortunate child has an X-wing fighter bunk . A talented furniture maker created an X-wing coffee table . Now, a handy maker has built an AT-AT liquor cabinet that combines "Star Wars" love with steampunk aesthetics ...
June 10, 2013 - CNET
- Scar removal, what works and what doesn't
There's folklore out there that says the juice of an onion can prevent a scar from a cut or a medical procedure. But putting the same stuff that burns your eyes on an open wound? There are other folk remedies out there to debunk, as well as some simple things that do work.
June 10, 2013 - WABC-TV New York
- Michael Vick in CBS News
The so-called 'culture' that I thought was right,Vick said. "I thought it was cool, and I thought ...... it was fun, and it was exciting at the time. It all landed me in a prison bunk by myself with no one to talk to but myself."
- Roy Williams in SI.com
The next day, Williams said on his weekly radio show: "Regardless of what somebody else says about they have injuries too, which is a bunch of bunk, so I don't give a crap what somebody else says, but coach their own damn team, I'll coach my team -...
- Andy Reid in Philadelphia Inquirer
I don't give enough credit to Bunk and Patterson for the job they do inside, but they had an exceptional game and they'll need to continue that for a couple of good runners we're playing this week,Reid said, referring to the Giants' dangerous...