- n a state of decay usually accompanied by an offensive odor
- n (biology) the process of decay caused by bacterial or fungal action
- n unacceptable behavior (especially ludicrously false statements)
- v break down
- v become physically weaker
- In South Viet Nam a student who passes an exam is a dau; a flunkster is called a rot.
- In China, the capitalist Communists crouch behind their new Great Wall, an inconvertible yuan, only to struggle with an economic rot that cannot stay .
- Sometimes he just stuffed the fish into a dresser drawer at home and left them there to rot.
News & Articles
- Officials stress safety for 2013 ROT Rally
Around 200,000 motorcyclists are expected to hit the streets of Austin this weekend for the ROT Rally. Many of them are just getting here and there have already been some accidents. Austin and Travis County
June 14, 2013 - FOX 7 Austin
- APD steps up patrols, enforce 'No Refusal' for ROT Rally
AUSTIN -- One of the biggest parties of the year is ramping up at the Travis County Exposition Center. About 200,000 bikers are expected to attend the Republic of Texas (ROT) Biker Rally over the weekend. On Friday night the rally will shut down 20 blocks in downtown Austin for a parade on Congress Avenue. The event has benefits for not only motorcycle buffs, but also area businesses ...
June 14, 2013 - KVUE-TV Austin
- ROT Rally to close roads downtown this weekend
AUSTIN -- The Republic of Texas (ROT) Biker Rally this weekend will close roads and cause traffic delays around downtown Austin. The event will begin at 6 p.m. Friday and end at 3 a.m. Saturday. City officials say a motorcycle procession on Friday will take off from the Travis County Exposition Center at 8 p.m. From there, motorcyclists and a police escort wil travel along East MLK Boulevard ...
June 13, 2013 - KVUE-TV Austin