hokum : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n a message that seems to convey no meaning
- Its Genesis and Meaning An Eternal Property Assiduous readers of metropolitan theatrical intelligence have found the word "hokum" firmly embedded in the.
- Told in a spare style with no hokum, the movie has the feeling of an honest, unmediated religious experience.
- The Daily Mirror's "hokum" crack was a reference to Robinson's training quarters at Windsor's Star and Garter Hotel, where thousands of curious Britons, acting for all the world .
- Jerry Brown in USA Today
This very week in 1980, the then-Moonbeam Gov. Jerry Brown of California said Reagan offered nothing more than "hokum and snake oil."
- Michele Bachmann in Trading Markets (press release)
In recent remarks to a gathering of Sherburne County Republicans -- reported in the West Sherburne Tribune -- Bachmann called any human connection to global warming "voodoo, nonsense, hokum, a hoax."
- David McCullough in Huffington Post (blog)
Every presidential election is a renewal,said McCullough. "Like spring, it brings up all the juices. The people are so tired of contrivance and fabrication and hokum. They really want to be stirred in their spirit. That's when we are at...