holbein : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n German painter and engraver noted for his portraits; he was commissioned by Henry VIII to provide portraits of the English king's prospective brides (1497-1543)
- n German painter of religious works (1465-1524)
News & Articles
- Shale excavation operated OK’d in Buffalo Township
By Jodi Weigand, Valley News Dispatch Holbein Inc. plans to excavate and sell shale rock from its new location along Route 356 near Parker Road in Buffalo Township. The township supervisors ...
July 11, 2013 - The Mckeesport Daily News
- Jonathan Rhys Meyers in Los Angeles Daily News
It would be stupid to put on a fat suit,Rhys Meyers says. "I would actually put some weight on. I would gradually make him gruffer and gruffer. You wouldn't see him as you have in the Hans Holbein paintings (Holbein was Henry's court...
- Roy Strong in Times Online
In her early years she never had a decent portrait done but that is as much because decent portrait artists were not around then,said Sir Roy Strong, another Elizabeth expert and a former director of the National Portrait Gallery. "Holbein...
- Robert Bolt in Baltimore Sun
...the 1966 Academy Award-winning movie of Robert Bolt's play A Man for All Seasons, Robert Shaw was every inch the tarnished yet glittering hero Bolt described: "Not the Holbein Henry, but a much younger man, clean-shaven, bright-eyed,...