- n a message that seems to convey no meaning
- n the quality of having no value or significance
he resented the meaninglessness of the tasks they assigned him
- The Last Gentleman, his second novel, tells the story of a likable young Mississippian who escapes the meaninglessness of modern life by falling into fits of amnesia and .
- Pitchfork's overwritten-to-the-point-of-meaninglessness reviews make the online publication an easy target (Music blog Idolator used to run a regular "Pick of the Fork" feature in .
- If 2007's poll in which Colbert created his own Korean pop video in an attempt to outshine Rain was a World War I of meaninglessness, 2008 was far bloodier.
News & Articles
- Past Dense: Shrugfest of litanies
5 targets of those who are offended by their own meaninglessness 5. Meaningless litanies of drivel seemingly categorized by ordinal numbers 4. Dogs named ‘Field Goal’ 3. Cats named ‘Bulls Eye’ 2. Libruls 1. Your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free; the wretched refuse of your teeming shore 5 reasons my back hurts 5.
June 13, 2013 - The Oklahoman
- Patrick Leahy in Guardian Unlimited
In years past, the Justice Department's "secret legal memoranda have sought to define torture down to meaninglessness," said Leahy. "I trust that today, Attorney General Mukasey will answer our questions and speak not as merely the legal...
- Arthur Miller in San Diego Union Tribune
Those who saw the Beijing production may not have identified with Loman's career, Miller wrote, but they shared his desire, "which was to excel, to win out over anonymity and meaninglessness, to love and be loved, and above all, perhaps, to count."