- n a percussion instrument consisting of a pair of hollow pieces of wood or bone (usually held between the thumb and fingers) that are made to click together (as by Spanish dancers) in rhythm with the dance
- n rigid connective tissue that makes up the skeleton of vertebrates
- n the porous calcified substance from which bones are made
- n a shade of white the color of bleached bones
- v study intensively, as before an exam
- v remove the bones from
- They may have been a lot like Kennewick Man, whose hotly disputed bones are helping rewrite our earliest history.
- Are you overweight? Diabetic? A new study suggests that maybe your bones are to blame.
- Chinaside marines of the Old Corps had some strange responsibilities, but the colonel of the embassy guard in Peking suspected that chaperoning a collection of old bones was asking .
News & Articles
- T-Bones hammer X's 10-1
The Kansas City T-Bones knocked around the Sioux City pitching staff, pounding out 17 hits in a 10-1 win Tuesday night at Lewis and Clark Park.
June 12, 2013 - KTIV Sioux City
- Health Tip: Kids Need Strong Bones, Too
Title: Health Tip: Kids Need Strong Bones, Too Category: Health News Created: 6/11/2013 8:35:00 AM Last Editorial Review: 6/11/2013 12:00:00 AM
June 12, 2013 - MedicineNet.com
- T-Bones hang on and give Gonzalez first win
SIOUX CITY, Iowa – Despite giving up three runs in the ninth with the winning run at the plate, the T-Bones held on for a 6-5 win over Sioux City on Monday night.
June 11, 2013 - Kansas City Kansan
- Oprah Winfrey in ABC News
I love this show, this show has been my life, and I love it enough to know when it's time to say goodbye,Winfrey told her studio audience during Friday's live edition of "Oprah." "Twenty-five years feels right in my bones and it feels...
- Jean Paul Gaultier in The Associated Press
It's about bones, but not in a ghost kind of way â€” unless we're talking about the ghost of couture,he joked.
- Phil Mickelson in Golf365.co.za
To this and other disrespectful remarks Williams is reported to have made at the charity event, a clearly angry Mickelson replied: "After seeing Steve Williams' comments, all I could think of was how lucky I am to have a class act like Bones (his...