- n a percussion instrument consisting of a pair of hollow pieces of wood or bone (usually held between the thumb and fingers) that are made to click together (as by Spanish dancers) in rhythm with the dance
- n someone who applauds
- n a mobile mass of muscular tissue covered with mucous membrane and located in the oral cavity
- n metal striker that hangs inside a bell and makes a sound by hitting the side
News & Articles
- Colonial Candle Program at Whitfield Museum
Have you been burning the candle at both ends lately? Then set your timers, clap your Clappers and travel back to a time before electricity and experience "The Whole Ball of Wax: Colonial...
June 12, 2013 - Guilford Courier
- Lexington High School Class of 2013 encouraged to continue serving the world
Hand clappers, air horns and vuvuzelas joined whistles, hollers and cheers from family and friends on Sunday, June 9, at the graduation of the Lexington High School Class of 2013 at the Tsongas Center. Before the ceremony began, parents, relatives and friends eagerly crowded around the tunnel, more than ready to show their support for the kids-turned-adults one more time.
June 10, 2013 - Lexington Minuteman
- Paul Roos in Sydney Morning Herald
I think our ruckmen are going to have to take a stick out with them next week,said Roos, before coming up with another plan. "Maybe with a hand on the end of it. Those big clappers you can get, maybe we can get a couple of clappers. We...