- n a mobile mass of muscular tissue covered with mucous membrane and located in the oral cavity
- n a human written or spoken language used by a community; opposed to e.g. a computer language
- n any long thin projection that is transient
tongues of flame licked at the walls
- n a manner of speaking
he spoke with a thick tongue
she has a glib tongue
- n a narrow strip of land that juts out into the sea
- n the tongue of certain animals used as meat
- n the flap of material under the laces of a shoe or boot
- n metal striker that hangs inside a bell and makes a sound by hitting the side
- v articulate by tonguing, as when playing wind instruments
- v lick or explore with the tongue
- Can you roll up the edges of your tongue so that the tongue forms a sort of tube? If you can, you are a subject of interest to Researcher Alfred Henry Sturtevant of California .
- Piercing your tongue leaves you vulnerable to cracked teeth, infection and other bodily danger.
- Speaking with a forked tongue used to be a bad thing.
News & Articles
- Mother Earth/Mother Tongue Half Marathon Trail Race and 5K Run
The first annual Mother Earth/Mother Tongue (ME/MT) Half Marathon Trail Race and 5K will take place Saturday, June 22nd, 2013, the run beginning at the Greenwood, SD pow-wow grounds and continuing approximately 14 miles and ending at "Cedar Church" above Pickstown, SD that is located across from the Fort Randall Casino/Ft. Randall pow-wow grounds of the Ihankthunwan DaNakota "Yankton Sioux ...
June 12, 2013 - The Native American Times
- Dr. Kanani, Woodland Hills Dentist: Tongue Brushing May Be as Important as Tooth Brushing
According to an April 1, 2013 issue of Examiner.com, it's easy to think that all dental problems would be solved by just brushing and flossing the teeth, but that may be only half the issue. Woodland Hills dentist Dr. Kanani says that tongue brushing is an often-neglected aspect of oral care that can lead to large dentist bills. (PRWeb June 12, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com ...
June 12, 2013 - PRWeb
- Orapup Introduces Two New Lickies Supplements, Strengthens Its Position in the Pet Industry
Orabrush, Inc., the company behind Orapup™, the first tongue cleaner to beat bad dog breath, today announced two new Orapup Lickies™ flavors and supplements: Cherry Chicken Cobbler to fortify joint health, and Cinnamon Chicken Pot Pie to help improve skin and coat.
June 12, 2013 - Business Wire via Yahoo! Finance
- Mel Brooks in Daily Press
I gave him tongue twisters because I knew he was the only one who could wrap his mouth around them,Brooks said. "Harvey was such a good solid actor that he could have done Shakespearean drama just as well and easily as he did comedy."
- Oscar Goodman in Newsweek
I don't think anybody is able to do tongue-in-cheek the way Las Vegas can do it,said Mayor Oscar Goodman, a former criminal defense lawyer who represented organized crime figures before representing voters in City Hall.
- Rex Ryan in CNN International
I'm not blessed with a silver tongue,Ryan said, "but I know one thing: I know how to coach this game."