- v maintain with or as if with a bet
- v stake on the outcome of an issue
- v have faith or confidence in
- s preoccupied with the pursuit of pleasure and especially games of chance
a betting man
- Something called spread betting is a new kind of investment strategy.
- Bets can of course be made on any subject, but in England the commonest form of betting is associated with the turf.
- Spread betting, a new investment strategy, features bookies who actually want their clients to win.
News & Articles
- Congressmen betting lunch
PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP) -- A Democratic congressman from Rhode Island and a Republican congressman from Illinois are betting lunch on the outcome of the Stanley Cup finals. Democrat David Cicilline and Republican Adam Kinzinger announced the wager Tue
June 12, 2013 - The Eagle-Tribune
- New Evidence Shows Addictive Betting Shop Roulette Machines Prey on the Vulnerable
LONDON, June 11, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- On the day Newham Council defends its decision in court to refuse an application for the 77 th betting shop in the borough, a brand new survey reveals the extent of ...
June 11, 2013 - PR Newswire via Yahoo! Finance
- MTR Gaming allows betting from mobile devices
MTR Gaming Group Inc. is letting customers use their smartphones and iPads to place bets on horse races. MTR says it now has the mobile betting platform at Mountaineer Casino, Racetrack & Resort in Chester, ...
June 11, 2013 - Associated Press via Yahoo! News
- Roger Goodell in FOXSports.com
Goodell said "even if you did not place bets, as you contend, your actions in funding the betting and your association with illegal gambling both violate the terms of your NFL Player Contract and expose you to corrupting influences...... one of the...
- President Bush in Hartford Courant
If I were a betting man, we'll reach an agreement with the Iraqis,Bush said. "Of course, we're there at their invitation. It's a sovereign nation ...... We're going to work hard to accommodate their desires. It's their country."