- v wear or display in an ostentatious or proud manner
she was sporting a new hat
- v play boisterously
- s exhibiting or calling for sportsmanship or fair play
a sporting solution of the disagreement
- a relating to or used in sports
- s involving risk or willingness to take a risk
a sporting chance
- s preoccupied with the pursuit of pleasure and especially games of chance
sporting gents and their ladies
- China's legendary gymnast has combined sporting agility with commercial muscle.
- It is supported largely by Third World nations, where comparatively few major international sporting events occur.
- It's a hand gesture normally associated with sporting events and Bud Lite commercials.