gambol : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n gay or light-hearted recreational activity for diversion or amusement
- v play boisterously
the gamboling lambs in the meadows
- In the giddy days of the New Frontier and after, she was known as the prankish clown of the clan, the exuberant athlete ready for any gambol, the nonstop, miniskirted .
- Actually, the Russian constructivists and Dadaist Marcel Duchamp did it years before him, but no one has ever made cubic feet dance and gambol as has Calder.
- The show's depictions of courtly pleasures delight: gods and maharajahs gambol with busty dancing girls, rendered in golds, greens and russets by delicate, squirrel-tail brushes.
News & Articles
- Painting the journey: Exhibit opens at the Nevada Museum of Art Feb. 8
Phyllis Shafer's 2011 'Upper Truckee Gambol,'oil on canvas, part of her private collection. / Provided by the Nevada Museum of Art South Lake Tahoe artist Phyllis Shafer with some of her paintings, which will be on display at the Nevada Museum of Art through May 11. On the cover, Shafer is shown with some of her paintings.
Feb. 12, 2014 - Reno Gazette-Journal