- n a prominent attribute or aspect of something
the map showed roads and other features
- n the characteristic parts of a person's face: eyes and nose and mouth and chin
an expression of pleasure crossed his features
- n the principal (full-length) film in a program at a movie theater
the feature tonight is `Casablanca'
- n a special or prominent article in a newspaper or magazine
they ran a feature on retirement planning
- n (linguistics) a distinctive characteristic of a linguistic unit that serves to distinguish it from other units of the same kind
- n an article of merchandise that is displayed or advertised more than other articles
- v have as a feature
This restaurant features the most famous chefs in France
- v wear or display in an ostentatious or proud manner
- Hong Kong director Wong Wong Kar-wai's latest feature In the Mood for Love earned movie star Tony Leung Chiu-wai the Best Actor award at the Cannes Film Festival on May 21.
- One notable exception is 1999's Sasayaki (Moonlight Whispers), a feature-film by Akihiko Shiota.
- Critics praise Chan's work as an actor-director (he has helmed 11 of his own features, and is the boss on all the rest) because of his keen eye for wide-screen compositions and for .
- Henry Waxman in Financial Times
The common feature of these five decisions is that they posed a trade-off between cost and well safety,the letter said.
- Kiefer Sutherland in E! Online (blog)
A film has been in the works since February, and star Kiefer Sutherland says he and executive producer Howard Gordon are "excited about the opportunity to create the feature film version of 24."
- Gordon Brown in Herald Publications
On whether there would be any more entries into Congress, he said, "just wait and watch. The comments feature has been suspended until further notice because of the posting of abusive and objectionable comments.