- n speaking of yourself in superlatives
- v show off
- v wear or display in an ostentatious or proud manner
- The French High Command, normally taciturn, last week authorized an extended commentary which contained both a major boast and a major threat.
- So they planned to make every previous incident look podunk, and they videotaped their boast so the world would know what they had set out to do.
- But it manufactures only about 200 of the thousand or so Indian feature films; a half-dozen regions boast production sites larger than most of the worlds national cinemas.
News & Articles
- Is 75 miles enough range for the Fiat 500e? (review)
The pure-electric Fiat 500e may boast a high equivalent fuel economy, but is its 75-mile cruising range enough? Originally posted at
June 12, 2013 - CNET
- 7 Elite College Football Recruits Who Are Close to Narrowing Down Their Lists
Elite recruits receive many scholarship offers, as some boast more than 30 or 40. With every major college football program calling, emailing, writing and Facebooking them, things can get hectic for elite recruits. Although it is tough to tell a coach he will not be attending their school, a recruit has to narrow his list at some point. Several highly ranked recruits are on the verge of trimming ...
June 11, 2013 - Bleacher Report
- Challenge 2013: Linking Employee Wellness, Morale And The Bottom-Line
As the work-life balance debate roars on with employees wondering whether to lean-in or lean-out these days, perception is everything (most recently at Arianna Huffington’s #ThirdMetric conference where redefining success beyond money and power was the focus). And the perception of being cared for in a workplace culture that encourages wellness, just might boast a more committed and happy ...
June 11, 2013 - Forbes
- Samuel Alito in The Associated Press
Our proudest boast of our free speech jurisprudence is that we protect the freedom to express 'the thought that we hate,'Alito said, quoting a previous court decision. "Today's decision rests on a very different principle: no freedom for...
- Stephen Fry in The Press Association
During a question and answer session after a speech, Fry told the audience: "If I wanted to be angry ...... I would say infantilism's the problem...... The only drama the BBC will boast about are Merlin and Doctor Who, which are fine but they're...
- Huh Jung-moo in AFP
I think we fought well against a side who boast several stars and we have learnt a lot. Our next match against Nigeria is extremely important and will decide whether we reach the round of 16,said Korean coach Huh Jung-moo.