- n extravagant self-praise
- v show off
- We vaunt a government to encourage business, yet government bureaus are now in competition with more than 250 lines of business; a government to protect property, yet one-fifth .
- Sample: "'Ha, my lords,' Leofric cried, 'ye heard the vaunt of this foul clapperclaw rogue? .
- While we do not need to boast of our prosperity or vaunt our ability to accumulate wealth, I see no occasion to apologize for it.
News & Articles
- Sports Announcer Fails That Will Make You LOL
An announcer has the power to magnify the greatest moments in sports. Legends like Howard Cossell, Jack Buck and Al Michaels vaunt some of the most recognizable soundbites in American history. However, for every "Down goes Frazier!" there are thousands of accidental curse words and flagrantly over-the-top reactions. This list, as you might guess, focuses on the latter. Begin Slideshow
Nov. 13, 2013 - Bleacher Report