- n the act of gambling
- n the money risked on a gamble
- v stake on the outcome of an issue
- v maintain with or as if with a bet
- One gaming partner says he used to leave Jakarta on his plane with millions of dollars to wager in European casinos and stop in Singapore on the way home to deposit what was left.
- Allowing CIA, State Department and Pentagon authorities to wager their own money on a terrorist strike would quickly aggregate their wisdom and perhaps provide leads.
- But Colborn has never been shy in making speculative leaps about the effects of industrial pollutants and, so far, it's been a losing wager to bet against her instincts and her .
News & Articles
- Mass., Ill. senators wager food on Stanley Cup
BOSTON — Senators from Illinois and Massachusetts have a friendly food wager on the National Hockey League's Stanley Cup series between the Boston Bruins and Chicago Blackhawks. The stakes were announced in a joint news release from Washington hours before Wednesday's Game 1 in Chicago.
June 13, 2013 - Boston Herald
- Yonkers: New pick five wager and ADW launched
When Yonkers Raceway returns Friday night, it does with a new wagering platform...and a new wager. Yonkers will offer their own advance deposit wagering (ADW) service at EmpireCityBets.com. The site features all the major harness and thoroughbred tracks.
June 13, 2013 - Daily Racing Form
- Governors place friendly Stanley Cup wager
Illinois Governor Pat Quinn and Massachusettes Governor Deval Patrick have placed a friendly wager on the outcome of the Stanley Cup. The losing Governor will assist with charity work at a local foodbank. If the Bruins win, Governor Quinn will vol...
June 13, 2013 - Covers.com
- Warren Buffett in Coolum & North Shore News
Went Buffet bought railway company Burlington Northern last November in a $US44 billion deal, he described it as an "all-in wager on the economic future of the United States".
- Sean McCormack in International Herald Tribune
Asked why the North should deal with the Bush administration since it is in its final months, McCormack said, "I don't know who the next president, who the next secretary of state is going to be, but I would wager that they're not going to get a...
- Jack Roush in Toronto Star
When they made that silly wager, I had no idea it would be this long,car owner Jack Roush said.