bending : Definition, Usages, News and More
- n movement that causes the formation of a curve
- n the property of being bent or deflected
- n the act of bending something
- v form a curve
- v change direction
- v cause (a plastic object) to assume a crooked or angular form
- v bend one's back forward from the waist on down
- v turn from a straight course, fixed direction, or line of interest
- v bend a joint
- But researchers at NASA figured out a way to use full-motion video to create a mind-bending, cinema-in-the-round experience.
- Rather than slip a punch, the traditional defensive move, it was his habit to sway back, bending at the waist a tactic that appalled the experts.
- A box-office smash, Satree Lex, chronicles the country's gender- bending 1996 volleyball champion.
News & Articles
- Mountain Wheels: Revamped Subaru Forester makes for a taller, larger experience
The reliably quirky “sensible shoes” of the CUV world has taken a mildly genre-bending step in its fourth generation, producing a Subaru Forester that’s more upright, more modern and fitted with more fancy bits.
June 15, 2013 - Summit Daily News
- OECD Energy and Climate Policy: Bending the Technological Trajectory
DUBLIN, June 14, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Research and Markets ( http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/62sxz9/energy_and) has announced the addition of the new report "Energy and Climate Policy: Bending the Technological Trajectory" to their offering. (Logo:...
June 14, 2013 - PR Newswire
- Truck Load Damages Chandler Bridge
COOS BAY, Ore. — A truck driver was cited after police say his load damaged the Chandler Bridge east of Coos Bay on Wednesday. Oregon State Police say that Richard Hawkins was driving southbound on Highway 241 when an unsecured boom in his equipment load struck at least two spans of the bridge, bending and … Continue reading »
June 14, 2013 - KEZI 9 Eugene
- Shami Chakrabarti in The Guardian
Shami Chakrabarti, director of Liberty, said: "An inquiry into British complicity in torture is welcome and overdue but this announcement leaves room for fears that government is bending towards the security establishment. They wouldn't be in this...
- Christine Milne in The Age
If this were a car manufacturer, an aluminium smelter or a coal company, the government would be bending over backwards to keep it in Australia,Senator Milne said.
- Bill Richardson in Farmington Daily Times
EPA is bending to the will of corporate, financial and misguided political interests that will pollute New Mexico's skies,Richardson said.