- s without civilizing influences
- s unrestrained and crudely rich
barbaric use of color or ornament
- Unlikely Venue, Barbaric Acts .
- You can complain about Guantanamo as much as you like, sure, everyone here will agree, but you become quasi-barbaric the moment you utter 'no one in China wants human rights'.
- The French, he says, will not send a man back to a "barbaric" country where he was tried without being present to defend himself.
News & Articles
- Dog Fighting: Broward County Proposes Local Law to Stop “Trunking”
A barbaric trend in dog fighting, called “trunking,” which was revealed in a May 2013 article by the Florida Sun Sentinel and a Local 10 News video, immediately convinced Broward County legislators to take action to address it. Trunking is the term used for placing two or more dogs, usually Pit Bulls, in the trunk of a car—preferably an older model, heavy-duty vehicle with a tough metal body—and ...
June 12, 2013 - Opposing Views
- Theater review: 'We Are Proud to Present' and a time of genocide
In Jackie Sibblies Drury's play at the Matrix Theatre Company, the depiction of a tragic period in African history is at issue. Theodor Adorno's oft-quoted, much misunderstood remark, "It is barbaric to write poetry after Auschwitz," raises questions about the ability of artists to represent the Holocaust. How can the cultural tools that were complicit in genocide comment on its barbarity?
June 12, 2013 - Los Angeles Times
- Barack Obama in Los Angeles Times
Let us renew our resolve against those who perpetrated this barbaric act and who plot against us still,Obama said Friday. "In defense of our nation we will never waver. In pursuit of Al Qaeda and its extremist allies, we will never...
- Gordon Brown in BBC News
In a statement issued on Wednesday, Mr Brown said: "We have strong reason to believe that a British citizen, Edwin Dyer, has been murdered by an al-Qaeda cell in Mali. I utterly condemn this appalling and barbaric act of terrorism. My thoughts are...
- Alexander Litvinenko in USA Today
You may succeed in silencing me but that silence comes at a price. You have shown yourself to be as barbaric and ruthless as your most hostile critics have claimed,Litvinenko said in the statement. "You may succeed in silencing one man but...