audacious : Definition, Usages, News and More
- s invulnerable to fear or intimidation
- s unrestrained by convention or propriety
an audacious trick to pull
- s disposed to venture or take risks
audacious visions of the total conquest of space
an audacious interpretation of two Jacobean dramas
- What seemed audacious and improbable before is now a reality.
- He was convinced that the bold new industrial age required an equally audacious style of architecture.
- Now he is attempting the audacious feat of expanding Microsoft from a software company into a media and content company.
News & Articles
- Google’s big play with Fiber: Turn television into just another app
Google Fiber is certainly one of Google’s more audacious experiments and it’s now becoming clearer what the company’s long-term strategy is with its high-speed fiber Internet and television service. Barron’s points us to a new research note from Evercore Partners analyst Ken Sena, who just got back from seeing Google Fiber in action in Kansas City and who says that Google’s long-term goal with ...
June 14, 2013 - BGR News via Yahoo! News
- Burger review: Smashburger
Burger review: Smashburger 2031 N. Clybourn Ave. 312-800-9010 Rating: !!! (out of four) One might call opening another burger joint a mere block away from Five Guys Burgers and Fries risky, audacious even arrogant. Doing so would require, as they would say south of the border in Mexico where I, The Great Burgerelli, just returned from a lovely hamburger holiday, "cojones muy grandes." That is ...
June 14, 2013 - RedEye
- Bringing Space to the Masses: Q&A with Planetary Resources’ Chris Lewicki
Chris Lewicki is the President and Chief Engineer for one of the most pioneering and audacious companies in the world today. Planetary Resources was founded in 2008 by two leading space advocates, Peter Diamandis, Chairman and CEO of the X-Prize Foundation and Eric Anderson, a forerunner in the field of space tourism. In from the [...]
June 13, 2013 - Universe Today
- Nicolas Sarkozy in WorldNetDaily
Be generous, be audacious. Peace depends on it, and this peace will help all the world,Sarkozy said.
- David Chase in Washington Post
No one was trying to be audacious, honest to God,Chase told the Newark (NJ) Star-Ledger. "We did what we thought we had to do. No one was trying to blow people's minds, or thinking, 'Wow, this'll (tick) them off.' People get the impression...
- Jerry Yang in Forbes
What we ultimately saw was massive untapped potential and the opportunity to achieve things few companies on the planet could accomplish,Yang wrote. "As audacious as that sounds, we believe it's entirely within our reach with a lot of hard...