- n a challenge to do something dangerous or foolhardy
- n the trait of being willing to undertake things that involve risk or danger
- v take upon oneself; act presumptuously, without permission
- v to be courageous enough to try or do something
- v challenge
- s disposed to venture or take risks
the most daring of contemporary fiction writers
- s radically new or original
- The daring return of deposed President Manuel Zelaya has thrust Honduras back onto the world stage and posed a sharp challenge to interim leaders determined to hold new elections .
- Summoned from the South Pacific to Washington, Butch O'Hare got the Congressional Medal of Honor from President Roosevelt for "one of the most daring, if not the most daring .
- How four daring young artists are shaking up the world of cartooning.
News & Articles
- Most Disgusting Bar Shots
As the weather warms up and days grow longer, it is natural to want to celebrate the coming of summer with a few shots and some friends. In the event that your friends are a little more daring with their beverage choices, we’ve outlined several shots that are not worth ingesting just to win your drunk buddy’s double-dog-dare. With your health and safety in mind, here are the 10 most disgusting ...
June 12, 2013 - Fox News
- Recovering From Tragedy: Man Shares Battle With PTSD After Heartbreaking Car Accident
Retired school administrator pens daring autobiography. (PRWeb June 12, 2013) Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/6/prweb10820573.htm
June 12, 2013 - PRWeb
- Does This Dow Stock Deserve a Rocket Ride Today?
HP is crushing all 29 of its Dow peers thanks to a daring product choice and some positive CEO talk. Is there any substance behind this Dow stock's sudden surge today?
June 12, 2013 - The Motley Fool
- Henry Paulson in Reuters
At a time when events naturally make even the most daring investors more risk-averse, the needs of our economy require that our financial institutions not take this new capital to hoard it, but to deploy it,Paulson said.
- Ricki Herbert in The Canadian Press
We are always daring to dream,Herbert said. "At the World Cup anything is possible - we've seen some strange results."
- Theodore Roosevelt in Yuma Sun
Roosevelt spoke of that person "who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at best knows, in the end, the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those...