- v face with defiance or impudence
brazen it out
- s unrestrained by convention or propriety
- a made of or resembling brass (as in color or hardness)
- Susan seemed like a meek and mild person, but when you got to know her she was overly brazen.
- The brazen manner in which the killing carried out at the toll gate shocked the nation.
- Last week Tammany Hall, aided abetted by the blowzy New York City Republican machine, pulled off a political deal incredibly brazen even for Tammany.
News & Articles
- British watchdogs chastise Google for 'brazen' tax dodge
A watchdog group in Britain is accusing Internet giant Google of dodging tax law and failing to pay required revenues, and it's demanding Prime Minister David Cameron take immediate action. The Public Accounts Committee said in a report that Google has used "brazen" techniques to avoid paying its fair share ...
June 13, 2013 - The Washington Times
- Sainsbury's Tries To Use The Marketplace Fairness Act On Property Taxes. That's Not Going To Work
This is a fairly brazen piece of special pleading here. Justin King, the chief at Sainsbury's, the British supermarket chain, is trying to use the example of America's Marketplace Fairness Act (MFA) as an argument for changing the system of property taxation in the UK. It's a nice try Mr. King but it's really not going to work: The Marketplace Fairness Act of 2013 will allow US states to force ...
June 13, 2013 - Forbes
- Brazen Careerist puts job fairs in the cloud
Going to a job fair once meant gussying up in your best suit. But with Brazen Careerist’s platform, you can do it right from home.
June 9, 2013 - Washington Post
- Scott Stanzel in Guardian Unlimited
These ruthless acts of violence are deplorable,said Deputy Press Secretary Scott Stanzel. "It is an outrage that these terrorists are targeting innocents in a brazen effort to topple a democratically elected government, and it is not going...
- Thomas PM Barnett in Washington Post
This is a brazen demonstration to the whole world of (the Tigers') unchanged commitment to terrorism and the absolute rejection of democracy and all norms of civilized behavior, in the pursuit of its unacceptable goal of separation, which threatens... Mahinda Rajapakse http://www.google.com/url?q=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mahinda_Rajapaksa&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNGCxFY-mJhkbwSunXkKs-N_swqlyA Reuters http://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.reuters.com/article/worldNews/idUSCOL7693820080116&source=dictionary&usg=AFQjCNFu_4FojWC9PZ5ZKaByS3jEECRqWw Jan 15, 2008
12432 17019 brazenly Now it turns out that what Thomas PM Barnett, a former Naval War College professor, wrote in that profile was eerily prescient: How does Fallon get away with so brazenly challenging his commander in chief? The answer is that he might not get away...