- n goddess of criminal rashness and its punishment
- v take in solid food
- v eat a meal; take a meal
- v take in food; used of animals only
- v worry or cause anxiety in a persistent way
- v use up (resources or materials)
- v cause to deteriorate due to the action of water, air, or an acid
The steady dripping of water rusted the metal stopper in the sink
- Women who ate more than 1 12 servings of red meat a day had nearly double the risk, compared with those who ate three or fewer servings a week.
- All the kids ate more when they were with a friend than with a stranger.
- In women, the figures were starker: women in the highest quintile of consumption had a 36% increase in death over a 10-year period compared with women who ate little red meat .
News & Articles
- Four-sport athlete selected for DeWitt Hall of Fame
DEWITT — Typical of the 1950s, family homes included a stay-at-home mother and a father whose work was the only source of income. Families ate supper together and attended church on Sundays. After homework and chores were complete, children would play outside until sunset.
June 16, 2013 - DeWitt-Bath Review
- The #Panquake overnight video diary
We came, we saw, we ate pancakes. What a long, strange trip it was.
June 15, 2013 - Philly.com
- Lisa Vanderpump: The Best Meal I Ever Ate!
Can you remember the most amazing meal you ever ate in your life? Lisa Vanderpump can, and it has us drooling and wanderlusting madly. "It would be difficult to narrow it down...
June 12, 2013 - E! Online
- Gilbert Arenas in USA Today
That was a blessing in disguise: It potentially opened years of getting in because of him going out West,Arenas said of Iverson's trade. "He ate up all of the votes, along with Dwyane Wade. Now all I had to do is catch Vince Carter, and...
- James Stewart in United Press International
Not only did you murder your victim by cutting his throat and stabbing him but you cut him up, cooked him and ate part of him,Stewart said. "Before this case I had associated cannibalism with eras long gone, with the tale of Robinson...
- Jay Leno in BBC News
Joking about his illness, Leno said: "What happened was - and I think was a mistake - I ate a raw pig a friend brought back from Mexico. It was delicious."