ashamed : Definition, Usages, News and More
- a feeling shame or guilt or embarrassment or remorse
are you ashamed for having lied?
felt ashamed of my torn coat
- But when the Dixie Chicks played London in 2003, 10 days before the Iraq invasion, and Maines said, "Just so you know, we're ashamed the President of the United States is from .
- I must now reluctantly admit that I am ashamed of the kind of advice I have given some of these people, ashamed because it has been bad theology, bad psychology and because it has .
- One watches transfixed, yet ashamed, as personal dignity gives way to political desperation and hard-won respect is replaced by ribald laughter.
News & Articles
- IRS scandal far from 'foolish mistake'
After having seen and read all the testimony and explanations, or lack thereof, of the various scandals perpetrated by President Obama and this administration, I am devastated and ashamed to call myself a Democrat.
June 12, 2013 - The Journal News
- Video: Signs That L.A. Has Gotten Under Your Skin
There are some things about living in Los Angeles that we can all agree on. For instance: If you're from a cold-weather locale, your blood will thin within your first year of moving here and you become ashamed of that fact. [ more › ]
June 11, 2013 - LAist
- Pope Benedict XVI in Scopical
It is difficult for me to understand how it was possible that priests betray in this way their mission...... to these children,the Pope said en-route to the United States. "I am deeply ashamed and we will do what is possible so this cannot...
- Joe Barton in Weekly Volcano
On June 17, Texas Congressman Joe Barton, the ranking Republican member of the House Energy Committee, had this to say to BP CEO Tony Hayward: "I'm ashamed of what happened in the White House yesterday. I think it is a tragedy of the first...
- Lindsay Lohan in BBC News
In a statement, Lohan said: "It is clear to me that my life has become completely unmanageable because I am addicted to alcohol and drugs. Recently I relapsed and did things for which I am ashamed. I broke the law and today I took responsibility by...