- v prepare oneself for a military confrontation
- v supply with arms
The U.S. armed the freedom fighters in Afghanistan
- a (used of persons or the military) characterized by having or bearing arms
- a having arms or arms as specified; used especially in combination
the many-armed goddess Shiva
- a (used of plants and animals) furnished with bristles and thorns
- The 2008 Child Soldiers Global Report, released Tuesday, finds thousands of children continue to be drafted into armed conflicts in South America, Africa, Asia and the Middle East.
News & Articles
- Armed man buys pack of gum and then robs store in Fontana
An armed man robbed a store in the 16800 block of Valley Boulevard in Fontana on June 18, according to the Fontana Police Department. At 1:50 p.m., the suspect walked into the business and selected a pack of gum.
June 24, 2013 - Fontana Herald News
- Armed robbery reported in Danvers
DANVERS -- An armed robbery was reported at a Dunkin' Donuts on Route 114 yesterday afternoon. Police were called to the store at 79 Andover St. at 3:55 p.m. on a report of a robbery where a knife was shown. The man was described as wearing a long-sl
June 24, 2013 - The Salem News
- ARMED FORCES
ARMED FORCES VETERANS Free dinner for vets Veterans and active-duty military personnel are
June 23, 2013 - The Youngstown Vindicator
- Gen Peter Pace in Detroit Free Press
I believe that homosexual acts between individuals are immoral and that we should not condone immoral acts,Pace said in the audio recording of the interview posted on the Tribune's Web site. "I do not believe that the armed forces of the...
- Anthony Kennedy in Christian Science Monitor
Security depends upon a sophisticated intelligence apparatus and the ability of our Armed Forces to act and to interdict,Justice Anthony Kennedy wrote in the majority opinion. "Security subsists, too, in fidelity to freedom's first...
- Mahinda Rajapakse in BBC News
Speaking in Jordan before returning to Sri Lanka, President Rajapaksa said: "My government, with the total commitment of our armed forces, has in an unprecedented humanitarian operation finally defeated the LTTE militarily. I will be going back to a...