armless : Definition, Usages, News and More
- a having no arms
the armless Venus de Milo
- Scripter Hendrik Willem van Loon, having cleverly piled up the horrors of four revolutions and four wars, rammed home his main point that war is beastlywith more armless .
- At Harvard, going sockless is to the "preppy-clubby" set what the armless sweatshirt is to the athletic crowd.
- It was the use of actual human oddities: the Siamese twins, the "pinhead," the armless, legless man and a whole sideshow of nature's misfits.
News & Articles
- HOLMBERG: Meet one remarkable Ashland family
Perhaps you’ve heard of George Dennehy of Ashland, the young armless musician and composer who has played for governors, rock stars, and congregations. He's one of 9.
July 9, 2013 - CBS 6 Richmond
- Henry Ford in Independent
As Henry Ford said of the 7,882 actions involved in the production line assembly of his Model T, "670 could be done by legless men, 2,637 by one-legged men, two by armless men, 715 by one-armed men and ten by blind men".